Thursday, December 15, 2011

Are there Christmas Angels among us?






A friend of mine sent me a "chain text" yesterday.  It went something like this:
   I sent an angel to watch over you last night and that the angel had come back because "angels dont watch over angels!" The text went onto say that Twenty angels are IN your world.  Ten of them are sleeping, nine of them are playing, one is reading this message...Send this to ten friends including me if I don't get it back guess I'm not one of them. As SOON as you get five replies, someone you love will quietly surprise you xxx :) God has seen YOU struggling with something. God says its over.  A blessing is coming your way.  If you believe in God send this message on, please don't ignore it, you are being tested. God is going to fix two things  (BIG) tonight in your favor. If you believe in God, DROP EVERYTHING & PASS IT ON.  TOMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. SEND THIS TO 14 FRIENDS IN 10 MIN.  Lifes a mountain enjoy the climb.

I don't typically join in on these chains, however, as I was pushing my cart through Target amongst all the hustle and bustle of Christmas shoppers, I thought it is the season of magic and love, I should forward this.  Surprisingly, many of my friends sent it back to me - one right after the other- sending me their love.  That felt good to know that so many people cared about me.

I looked at that text chain about every twenty minutes last night, focusing more on the later part of the message.  And I waited.  I sat up and watched Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel and much to my surprise as I got up to turn the TV off, it was past midnight.  My thoughts drifted back to the chain text.

It was "the next day" - what were the two BIG things that God would fix for me?  I certainly had my own ideas of what he could do for me (and they are BIG trust me!), but I would go to bed and wait to see what he had in store for me.  Why would I believe in a "chain text?"  Its not the text itself, its the love and message it sends among us. Its the energy of love that is emitted through all these people. 

So, now it is almost midnight on the next day and I haven't yet quite figured out what those two BIG things are.  Perhaps they will be revealed to me as I sleep or in the following days.

Angels played a large roll in the story of Joseph and Mary and the birth of their son Jesus Christ. I wonder what roll they will play in all of our lives as we journey through this Holiday season?


Kimberley

No comments: