Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lasting Change ...





 Five years ago, I began my journey as student of many teachers such as Bob Proctor, Abraham Hicks, James Allen, Wallace Wattles, Napolean Hill, Julia Cameron and Tony Robbins. Each morning I  write my morning pages as Julia Cameron encourged me to do and I read and I read and I read as so many others motivate me to do.  And I listen to you tube videos, DVD's and CD's.  I feed my mind, every day! for at least an hour or two a day. 

And.. it was five years ago my life began to change.

Then  almost two years ago, I embarked on a mission to strengthen my body and feed it differently.

And ... almost two years ago, my life began to change even more. I felt stronger, more confident after having lost more inches than pounds and going down three pant sizes!

Then I chose to study people's lives that inspired me to accomplish my goals. Some of them were the lives of my teachers, others were people I admired from watching them on television  - they truly helped change peoples lives through so many venues that I love.
      * Bob Proctor
      * Oprah
      * Tony Robbins
      * Joanna Penn
      * Danielle Steel
      * Rachael Ray
      * J.K. Rowling

And ... my life began to change even further.

It was during these last five years, that  I decided to take action!

To build the creative life I have always dreamed of having. I started writing my first novel in 2005. I wrote it by hand, yes, with pen and paper! And I wrote - every morning, every weekend, on my vacation days, many nights. 

I took coaching classes to understand how I could help make a difference in others lives even more than I already had. And I wrote and I wrote and attended Stacey London's Style for Hire class in New York City. And I wrote and kept focus on my dream and...

I finished the novel in July 2010

The year 2011 had brought so many wonderful opportunities to my life...

I worked with my first paid design client in early 2011.  In the fall of 2011, I helped my first male styling client totally change his look and I saw the smile on his face and his confidence begin to rise! And my soul was happy - I helped changed someones life just by helping them feel good about the way they look!

The spring of 2011 brought me together with an amazing photographer who also loves to create web design. Her name is Erica Eichelkraut, http://www.facebook.com/CityLightsStudio , together  we created www.kimberleybarkernightingale.com, a facebook and twitter page.  My life hasn't been the same since! I am forever grateful to her!

And I began the journey of finding out how best to publish my work. And I continued to write my morning pages and I started the journey of editing. 

In 2012 my vision of being a published author will be realized and my life will have been changed forever.

If I can do it - so can you!   Make the decision today to create lasting change in YOUR life.

No comments: