Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What Do I Know




What Do I Know


1.) That the first days of September are still hot and muggy, but the earth shows us signs of the Autumn to come as some leaves start to fall, the Mums are out at the nurserys and the daylight becomes less.



2.) That the first days of September have school buses out on the roads and we need to allow for more time to get to work, but do I ever do that? No! :)



3.) That the first days of September always remind me of "new school clothes", No. 2 pencils , the smell of a new eraser and colorful new notebooks!  I was always super excited for the new school year when I was a kid. I loved school! Learning was so fun and I adored my teachers and I loved coming home to whatever treat my Mom created for the day!  My Mother was always so organized getting four kids off to school, we always had a good breakfast in our stomachs and we had our lunches packed with our favorite sandwiches.

I still get excited for the new school year, for me it's more of a beginning than the New Years's Holiday. Perhaps its because I have always had a love for school, researching, reading, projects and homework!

I love to watch the kids get on and off the bus and to celebrate in my own little way, I treat myself to some new, colorful "school supplies" of my own.





4.)  The first days of September still have us wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts when all I am interested in wearing are the newest sweaters and boots for the Fall season!





5.)  The first days of September have us realizing that autumn and winter will be upon us soon and we need to be thinking about covering our late blooming flowers when the first frost hits (thank you Marguerite Kirkby for that little gift that I will cherish forever!), planting spring bulbs and renewing our snow plow contracts!




My Dear Readers, enjoy these last days of summer, have a few more hot dogs on the grill, some ice
cold beers and bask in the heat.  The crips autumn days are coming, I am so very excited!

Kimberley


No comments: