Monday, October 3, 2011

The Return on Investment of a Personal Trainer

Every once in a while I ask myself whether or not I should discontinue utilizing the services of a Personal Trainer and save myself some money.  Perhaps I could "do it myself" now.  Perhaps I can create my own workouts and cut out new exercises from fitness magazines and bring my binder to the gym.  And then I think - are you crazy? You won't do that! You won't take the time to design your own work out routines and commit yourself to lifting weights on your own!

Personal Trainers create accountability for us.  The create routines for us, they monitor our progress, they advise on how we can meet our goals and they become your confidant and friends.  I have hired a Personal Trainer for over a year and a half now.  The progress has far surpassed the goals I set out to achieve!





I set out to go from a size 10 to a size 6. Instead, I went from a size 10 to a size 4 in about one years time!  I went from a back that could barely sustain a set of sit-ups to performing planks on a ball and actually looking in the mirror to see abdominal definition.  I had never,ever seen that on my body in my entire 48 years of existence! Hahaha! A friend at work even said " Kim, you can see those arm muscles through your sweater!"
I couldn't believe it myself.. I felt stronger then ever and it only took about a year.




So, how do I justify this investment?  I am much healthier.  I sleep better.  I have so much more energy.  I feel more confident inside.  I love the way I look in my clothes.  I feel better mentally.

Is this worth paying out that money every month? In my book it is!  A typical ROI formula speaks to the return we get for our investment.  Aren't all those things that I just mentioned a great return? Those things keep you out of the doctors office, because you are less apt to have cardiac disease, cancer, diabetes, depression.  The list is endless.

Understand that I too, still have days where going to the gym is the last thing I want to do after a long workday.  But, I go.  I go because my personal trainer is waiting for me.  I go because he has a busy schedule and needs me to be on time.  I go because I know I will feel better afterwards.  I go because I love looking at those size 4 clothes in my closet and I never, ever want to see a size 10 in there again!


 A special thank you goes out to my personal trainer - Jeff Bavisotto at the BAC at the Boulevard Mall for keeping me on track and motivated! I owe you such a huge debt of gratitude Jeff for helping me reach my goals.

To all the women and men out there who are struggling to reach their health and fitness goals, I would highly recommend hiring a personal trainer.  After all, aren't you worth it?

P.s.) Sorry ladies, I don't have a picture of my trainer to share with you! lol!

Kimberley

No comments: