Tuesday, May 24, 2016

And Now.. I Share the Dawn of Each Morning with My Mother



And Now.. I Share the Dawn of Each Morning with My Mother..




How you ask? For she has left this physical world behind, not a few short months ago.

I awake to the sound of the birds around 5am

And I know that she is there..

I feed the cat, grab my coffee and make my way to my writing room

And I know that she is here...

I open the file on my computer labeled, "Gifts from Serenity Pond" and continue work on her book

And I know that she is here..

I peruse through the many small pieces of paper that hold her thoughts from years past

And I know that she is here..

I read and I cry.

Because I know that she is here.

I read and it's as if I know my Mother for the first time

And I know that she is here.

I am not unlike my Mother and I realize this , the more I read

And I know that she is here.

I cry for the woman who wrote these words, her joy and her sorrows captured in words

And I know that she is here.

I cling to the little pieces of paper, wishing her back for just one more day

Yet I know that she is not here, not in this physical space we call Earth

But now I get to share the Dawn of Each Morning with her and the little slips of paper she once wrote upon






No comments: