Thursday, July 16, 2015

Starting Over Again, My Journey Back to the Gym


Well, it's been almost six months since I last wrote a blog. Why? Because I have spent the last seven months of my life focusing on healing my body from so many things, it seemed like it was one thing after another!

I am happy to say that I have started working with my trainer again after almost a year. It's a slow go for sure! It's only been three days with him and I could barely make it through the third workout. In fact, I sat in the parking lot at the food Coop and just started to cry. Everything hurt! My back, my thighs, my hamstrings.

Good lord, I remember the day when yes, I would have been sore but it wouldn't have felt like this!

Jeff has been with me through a lot of life changes and he stays by my side keeping me going and my eyes on my fitness goals.

So, what happened? Well, I shared some of the story with you in the blogs in February (probably more detail than you would ever want to know!) But the story unfolded as the months went on.

It seemed as I addressed each issue, yet another one would come up. Was I ever going to regain my energy and be the person I once was?

A diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia turned into lymphatic congestion, hormone imbalances, adrenal fatigue, iodine levels being extremely low, a thyroid nodule being found. I just wanted my energy back so I could do the things I loved to do and working out with my trainer was at the top of that list!

How did I deal with all of those things? I did my research, I contacted alternative health care practitioners that I knew would help guide me and I changed my life! I left my stressful corporate job, I started eating foods to support me and I stopped eating foods that weren't doing that. Coffee being one of them! Yikes- my favorite thing on the planet! It's right up there with alcoholic beverages, sex and shopping!

Was it hard? Yes! Were there days I sat and cried out of frustration and discouragement? Yes! Did I give up? NO!  My health and fitness will always be my number one priority!

Now, I am in a great place of recovery. I am feeling content and happy to be where I am. I have learned a whole lot and I have started sharing my knowledge so that others can learn from my experiences.

And, I am reunited with Jeff and deadlifts and squats!! It will take time, but I am better than I was before! A much healthier version of me!

With Gratitude,

Kimberley










No comments: