Saturday, August 11, 2012

"Don't Die with the Music Still in You"






I cannot seem to forget this statement from a Wayne Dyer segment I watched on You Tube.  It has resonated within my soul for days now. The words call to me, knowing that there is a higher purpose to be served by all of us. 


We all must share our true gifts with the world.  Some of us sing, some of us paint, some of us write novels and some of us grow fruit and some of us teach. Whatever it is that is our true passion and love, we must freely pass it on to others.  The world would most certainly be sad if we didn't.

This message clearly resonated with me as I take what feels like baby steps toward my true calling. It was God's way of telling me,

       Don't give up, don't give up, keep moving forward, look at how far you have come, keep moving
       forward.

I haven't written too much in weeks, perhaps its been a few months. Tonight I ask myself why. Because I am not writing what my soul wants to write, I am writing because I am demanding it of myself, for a purpose other than what my soul wants to write. I have discovered this does not work, our writing must come from the soul, the heart.  The world will know when it's not our truth. For truth comes from inside ourselves.  Its not something you think about, its something you know.

It's my promise to myself and I hope you will make it for yourself too, that you won't die with the music still in you. Do whatever it takes to bring it out and share it with the world.








No comments: