Thursday, May 20, 2021

Is this how our Story Ends as a Country? As a world?

 

 

 10 good ways to start a story - Writers Online

 

Our country has spent the last, almost 18 months in turmoil. In fact, perhaps it's not just our country , but the world at large. As I listen and experience these times, my heart is saddened to see what we as a human race has allowed to happen.

We have allowed fear to drive us to divide ourselves from each other. Everyone is so busy fighting for their position on whatever is the topic at hand, the elections, the virus, how the virus has been handled and now it's the vaccine - that we forget what is truly important. 

What is truly important? Do we want to continue on this way? I know I don't. 

Employers are looking for excuses to fire good people. Friends are leaving friendships because of the vaccine. Divorces are happening because we have been locked behind doors for way too long. Businesses that we once loved, totally decimated, gone for good. People's livelihoods totally destroyed. Our mental health is being challenged everyday. Depression,suicide, domestic violence is skyrocketing. Employers are being put in no win situations regarding mask wearing/vaccine/no vaccine. Employees are challenged with potential vaccine mandates/ job/no job.  Government agencies are going after good people who have dedicated their lives to help and heal others, all because those people might not agree with what is being done? or they perhaps might have another solution to solving this health crisis other than a vaccine?

Is this how we want to be? Really?

I know I don't.

I have struggled like many others have these 18 months. With many of the above issues.

But as I step back today I have to ask myself and I ask all of you, 10 years from now, is this how we want our story to be written in the history books? How do I want my individual story to be told ? How and who do I want to emerge as from all of this?

I challenge everyone as they walk through their lives today, the next week, the coming months, to think about this. Are we going to start building a bridge to close this chasm of fear that has been created or are we going to let this ruin us?  Are we going to choose love over fear? 

Kimberley


No comments: