Sunday, June 3, 2012

Rainbow Hugs







So, I was driving home this evening after a lovely warm, family and friend filled birthday party for my good friends daughter.  It had been raining and cloudy all day. The feeling in the air was more fall like than spring.  As I was driving, I was thinking to myself how much I wished I had a special someone to share my life with and how nice it would be to snuggle under the covers with them on this damp and chilly evening. My heart felt a bit saddened.  I seldom feel lonely, but for whatever reason, tonight was one of those occassions where I really wanted to have someone to come home to. 

It was just then, that the sun came out from underneath the clouds and low and behold, there was a rainbow.  I hadn't seen a rainbow in so long.  It was almost as if God himself was telling me that he was right beside me and I truly was not alone. I was so grateful that the roads were very light this evening, it gave me an opportunity to just keeping looking at that rainbow in hopes that I would committ its beauty to memory.

The love of friends, the love of family, the love of God who quietly lets you know he is near.  And I will sleep peacefully knowing that All is Well!

Kimberley

No comments: