Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faith as small as a Mustard Seed


When I was a little girl I had a small, glass necklace formed in the shape of a heart with a mustard seed inside of it.  I remember wearing that necklace quite often and remembering the bible verse that tells use that if only we had faith as small as a mustard seed, we could move mountains.   I had a very close and strong relationship with God at that time in my life. As an adult sometimes I wonder if that child-like, innocent faith that I once had has been diminished by the experiences of life.   Have I forgotten that close relationship I once had with God/the Universe/Source, whatever people choose to call the Higher Power?


I think somehow, with all the great teachers I have studied in college and the many books I have read since then, that perhaps I have forgotten the teachings of one of life's greatest teachers. The teacher who taught me he would never leave me nor forsake me, no matter what.

I find myself at another challenging crossroad in my life and I feel that my mind and body are too tired to get back in the boxing ring with Rocky and fight my way through it.  I find that the "still small voice" that speaks to us in times of great despair, saddness, worry ... has whispered to me.. Remember me? Remember when you were little and I told you "if only you would have faith as small as a mustard seed, you could move mountains?"  This is as true today as it was then, my child.  Trust and Believe, have faith.  "All is Well and I am handling it, you only need to have faith as small as a mustard seed!"

No comments: