Monday, October 24, 2011

The Artist Way, by Julia Cameron

So, I haven't written a blog in several days.  I felt I needed a break from pushing myself so hard.  I am editing my first novel,blogging, learning to "tweet" ( I love that expression - it makes me laugh!), working out five days a week and the list goes on!  Yet, I found myself thinking about it all the time.  I actually missed it!    Its almost as if writing these blog posts are becoming my evening pages. 

I write three free-hand pages each morning. I learned this practice of "the morning pages," from Julia Cameron's book called "the  The Artists Way.  She has been a writing inspiration to me since I embarked on this journey some six years ago. For any of those that are aspiring writers, photographers, painters, carpenters..whatever your craft.. I highly recommend her book.  It is truly a creative persons bible.  As I began my blogging journey once again this evening, I struggled with what to write.  What do I have to say that is worthwhile even writing about? And I thought of the one who first inspired me.  I thought to myself - I wonder if she is on Twitter?  I promptly signed onto my Twitter account and typed in her name in the search area.

                                                         And there she was. 


The woman who has given me such solace when I wanted to quit writing.  The woman who assured me that we all go through writers block.  The woman who knew what it was like to think that the world might not like your work.  And tonight as I once again experience a lesson in perseverance,  continuing the edits to my novel and wondering what is the best venue for my book to be born to the world... I think back to the woman who has helped me through every step of this journey. 

If you have not read any of her work, perhaps now is the time.  Not only has she written The Artists Way, she has also written several meditation books which are my steadfast bedside friends, Transitions, Prayers and Declarations for a Changing Life and Answered Prayers, Love Letters from the Divine.  Enjoy!  

Thank you once again Julia, for coming into my thoughts and life when I need you most..With Love and Light, Kimberley

No comments: