Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Dream of Becoming a Writer

Should I title this the Dream of Becoming a Writer or Believe in the Magic of Your Dreams?  I prefer the later actually.  The novel has been written.  That was the easy part! I thought it was the hard part but boy was I mistaken! The editing process and all the rest after that is more challenging than I ever dreamed of.

I have been blessed to have a great friend help me through the editing process.  God love her for doing this with me.  Truly she is a Saint! Many of the published authors who have written their own best selling novels have said they do their own first edits and Danielle Steel, well she edits each book six times! Just shoot me! That is not the process I want to go through with each novel I write.  And I will write many.  Just have to get this little baby born to the world , then the other stories will come.  One right after the other!

To all you aspiring authors out there in the world.  Keep writing! Don't let go of your dream, no matter how slow the process seems.  When the road seems long and the finish line seems far off in the horizon, look to all those wonderful motivational people in the world who inspire us.  The people like Oprah, Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey, J.K. Rowling and many more.



I write this tonight because sometimes I too need a bit of support and encouragement from the world.  My dream has been many years in the making.  The dream is being born, perhaps a bit slower than I would like.  But God/ the Universe has its own timing.  We just need to trust.  Sometimes its hard, I know. Listen to that still, small voice inside that tells us " It will be alright your dream is closer than you think."

Good Night,
Kimberley

No comments: