Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Dawn of a New Day



 Image result for the dawn of a new day


I have been waking up extraordinarily early over the last few months. Way too early if you ask me, around 5:30 am and sometimes 4:00am. It makes for a very long day for sure.  But one of the parts I love about this quiet time in the morning is the chance to see a new day arrive.

As I sipped on my hot coffee and looked out my office window, I can see the street light still aglow  as the darkness begins to turn to light. It happens between 7 and 7:30 in the morning , the time I normally get up, after the dawn of the day has already arrived.

There were days when I was so frustrated that I would be awake at the wee hours of the morning,  knowing I had a full day ahead, but then something came to me, "It's the Dawn of a New Day." I smiled and was comforted by this thought.

You see, my Mother's name was Dawn and now as each morning arrives and I wake up with my eyes barely open , I smile between 7 and 7:30 in the morning. I miss her every day. Not a day goes by that she isn't on my mind.

So now I celebrate each new day with her as the sun comes up, knowing that she is with me.

No comments: