Monday, January 26, 2015

It's My Birthday Today...

I wrote this post on my Birthday, and I discovered that I hadn't posted it.. so.. my dear readers.. I hope that this brings a smile to you ..knowing that God does deliver our prayers..no matter how small.



It's my Birthday today and so far, it's been the most incredible day.  I look around me at my beautiful home that I love to be in with my two furry friends (my cats, Bailey and Bella) and I am so very grateful that life has given me such an abundant life to be able to live here.

My two friends came over today and helped me organize and clean the house , something I love to have happen. It keeps me centered and feeling free of clutter in my life.

The afternoon was spent being pampered at one of my most favorite places to be in the world - the Salon!
My  hairdresser Jess always puts a smile on my face and makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world! She uses her craft to make my hair look amazing. The salon is always a buzz with woman and men talking about their lives, what their hopes and dreams are for the New Year, hair dryers buzzing and the owner of the salon stopped by and served everyone a mimosa to celebrate the coming New Year. Jess, listened to me talk about my evening ahead and called over to her friend who does wonders with makeup and asked her to perform her magic. I just love to be in the salon, being pampered, such an escape from the world and everyone loves to be there - especially me!

Three hours later, I leave the salon looking like a picture out of a magazine, and  wondering why I can't just look like this everyday! I called an ordered "salads to go" from Panera and headed home to see my friend who leaves my house sparkling clean.

We had a wonderful conversation together and then I proceeded to get ready for my date with a man who I reconnected with a few days ago after three years had gone by.

For the first time in a long time, I felt butterflies in my stomach again and I felt that excited, happy nervousness when you go out with someone for the first time. It was wonderful! He greeted me with flowers and a very sweet card. He looked amazing!

We ate a wonderful restaurant and then danced the night away to his favorite band in town. We held hands and snuggled each other most of the night and then went home to a cozy fire.

My friend Nikki and I had lunch a few days earlier and I had said to her: " boy, I would really love to go out on a date for my birthday." God delivered that to me. It was a magical evening. And I am truly grateful. Thank you Brian.




Much Love and Light,
Kimberley

No comments: