Friday, August 15, 2014

What Do I Know




                                         What Do I Know


It's not been quite two whole days since I wrote the last "What Do I Know" blog.  One could ask, what could I have learned in two days? Ah... life..so much to learn..  

1.)  I do know that keeping your dreams alive and your eye on the goal can be challenging amidst the 
         noise of everyday life. People who are "doubting Thomas's" will tout their own insecurities and fears
        on you if you let them and others will be very excited and happy for you. Those close family and friends         will want to ensure that you are secure and nothing will harm you as you walk along this path. And then
        there are those who don't want to let you go, because you have made their lives that much easier by
       being in it and supporting them. 

  When I am discouraged and feel a bit like life is getting to be too much, this is my go to song:
     www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVQxSFG-ahk

    


2.)  I do know that loving someone is not logical, the heart seems to speak for itself.  Even when the practicalities of your life seem  that love will never blossom, the heart springs hope eternal. Thank God,
right? Thank God our human spirit continues to pour out love despite it not being returned sometimes and despite the fact that we cannot see what lies ahead.



3.) I do know that my cats are much healthier on a raw food diet than any type of canned or dry
      food.  Even the "no grain" canned or dry, they are much healthier.
  Here is what I feed my cats:

        

You can buy this product from this very lovely woman in Florida named Felice Arata, who has dedicated her life to loving her cats to health and wholeness!  Here is her website address:  http://felineinstincts.com/ to order the ingredients for what I consider the best raw cat food recipe that I have discovered.  Felice has also
written a wonderfully, informative book called My Natural Cats, a True Story. You can find it here: http://mynaturalcats.com/
She has done a tremendous amount of research into common illnesses that impact our furry friends and how to cure them with raw food and homeopathic remedies as well as herbal formulas. 



4.)  I do know that it's so much fun to experiment with baking especially when you have people who enjoy
       the fruits of your labor. This weekend, I experimented with blueberry muffins and homemade speciality butters, lemon/honey and pecan/honey. And they are DELICIOUS and bursting with blueberries! 

  They jury is still out on what is the guest favorite specialty butter! Mmm..if I could hand them to you through the computer, I would ask you to vote!



5.) I do know that sleep is so good for you and truly is something we need to make sure we get 
     enough of!  Sleep, along with eating healthy , getting outside to smell the fresh air, and some exercise
      is what we need as humans to sustain ourselves.  I never quite got the whole, "sleep" thing before now.
       I have always felt that life is to short to care about getting some sleep. I have to much to do in my life
      to care about getting enough sleep.  

    Well! guess what, it's important! I lead a very busy life right now and my days are full to the brim. My body is screaming for good, quality , eight hours of sleep! Do I get it? Well, I try. My cats don't seem to understand that it's still dark at 5am and I can barely open my eyes without a good cup of italian Espresso!
And the mind at times, dances all around never settling itself. 





And so, that is what I Know today. Tomorrow, I hope I learn much more as life is a great teacher!

Kimberley


No comments: