Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The New Colors for Spring! BOLD




I am loving the BOLD new colors of Spring. When it's below zero outside and the Pottery Barn and West Elm catalogs arrive in the mailbox, I close my eyes and dream of all the new home projects that could be created! And all the new clothes that remind us of sun and warmth and of all good things to come!



Orange! Check this out!  I love orange! It reminds me of warmth and energy and sun! and I love how its paired with beige. A neutral and a bold color and notice how West Elm gives you some ideas to accessorize with those little pink carnations and that hint of grey stripe!

And then there's Pottery Barn's Indigo!  Not being a big fan of blue, I have learned to love it's various shades. This shade of blue reminds me of my favorite piece of clothing - my jeans!


The Power of Color to our senses is so strong.  It speaks to us.  It  uplifts us. Check out this new green at The Limited.  This is a color you see showing up everywhere in stores like Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren, paired with navy.  It reminds me of my days in high school.  I was never a fan, but the look has certainly "grown up."




Pick up your courage and order a new piece of clothing for spring! Give yourself something to look forward to during these cold winter days. Or perhaps, buy some new pillows for your couch and change up that look that you have had in your living room for the last few years!

Go Ahead! Be DARING, Be COURAGEOUS, Be BOLD!


Kimberley










No comments: