Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Sacred Space











How many of us have sacred spaces within our homes? These are spaces that are all our own.  A place to retreat with our own thoughts, devoid of others.  Where is yours? Your office, your bedroom, the kitchen?

For me, this place is my writing office. It is the place I go to share my innermost feelings with a pen and composition notebook every morning.  It is the place I go to sit on my cream colored, overstuffed chair with a cup of tea at dusk and watch the setting sun through the luscious, green trees.

This my sacred space is made up of the things in life that mean the most to me. My inspirational and design books, a poem written to me from my mother when I was 13, a memorial card from my very first spiritual teacher's funeral, a clock from my dear friend Marquerite in Holland, NY who taught me about gardening, alternative health and inner strength.  It is in this space that my cats cuddle
on a blanket on a footstool as I write, where music plays sometime softly, sometimes it's rockin! depending on my mood and it is here where my soul finds peace.

My cats and I are happiest here, well maybe the kitchen takes the number one spot for them but we snuggle in this room most mornings and evenings.

It is in this room that books are created, lifes' struggles get resolved and I find solace in connecting with my friends on facebook.

This is my sacred space.




Kimberley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I can relate! There's nothing like having a "getaway" in your own home. It brings peace and serenity to your soul.