Tuesday, August 14, 2012

An old time favorite, Martha Stewart Living Magazine








So, I was at the grocery store tonight after an intense workout and I spotted a Martha Stewart Living magazine.  It had been ages since I had browsed on.  Martha was one of my first "home management" mentors.  I was an avid fan of her TV show and the binding of her cookbook on my shelf is about to come apart.  It was so tempting to grab it off the shelf but I knew I was supposed to be writing and working when I arrived home.

I walked out of the store, with a cooked lemon,pepper chicken, brocolli, some energy bars, sour cream to make banana bread and , yes - Martha Stewart Living.  I went home and poured a glass of wine, cooked a nice, healthy meal of stir fried vegetables and chicken, sat down and opened the magazine.

It was as familiar as an old friend that you haven't seen in ages, but you pick up right where you left off. The pages are beautiful crafted and there are so many little treasures on each one.  I think my favorite find in the September issue was the breakfast cookies! Perfect!  I love cookies and they are filled with everything healthy, including sunflower seeds, oats, banana chips, etc.  And she pairs it with a cappachino. Does breakfast get better than that?

I have always admired Martha's organization skills, her cooking and garden abilities.  I don't care what anyone says, I think she has taken Home Management to a level to aspire to.

Everything that Martha does in her magazine centers around the Home.  Perhaps that is why I am so drawn to it, because my home is my sacred space.  It is where I withdraw from the craziness of the day.  It is my cats universe.  It is a special place where I love to have family come to eat and drink and laugh.  It is where my girfriends and I share our deepest secrets and most importantly, it is where I love to be more than anywhere else.

Thank you Martha for your continued inspiration in my life.

Kimberley

No comments: