Monday, January 9, 2012

Everything is a Present, Alice Herz Sommer




Yesterday morning I was listening to one of my favorite motivational speakers and coach - Tony Robbins.   I find his energy infectious and he always inspires me to dream big and believe that anything is possible! I would love to meet him one day.

One of Tony's blogs has him interviewing a woman who is 108 years old!  She tells her story of how she survived the German concentration camps because of her God given talent as a pianist. I would recommend everyone listen to this conversation between them because Alice is truly someone we should all strive to be like!

Something she said  really struck me, "Everything is a Present."  Think about that..Everything.. Everything... Everything is a Present.  This coming from a woman who lived for two years with her five year old son on a cold, concrete floor with barely any food, clothing, shoes.

I cannot get her out of my mind and in fact, I have listened to this interview over and over again. I have a burning desire to committ her words of wisdom to memory and never,ever forget what she has taught us all.

Please take a few minutes out of your day and listen to Alice and Tony chat about her life.  Here is the link to his Change Your Life Now blog.

http://training.tonyrobbins.com/

Kimberley

No comments: