Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finally the writers block is over... and the Holiday Season Begins...

Finally my writers block is over! I am so grateful for that! That dry spell was waaay too long.  I apologize to all my readers that I haven't connected with you over the last few weeks.  My nephew was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital and then I had a painfully stiff neck for a week.

I am so happy that the walk through the desert is over! Lol!

Sometimes its the unexpected that moves you to create again.  And let me tell you it was the unexpected!  I won't share it with you because I would be a little embarrassed!

So, what shall we talk about today?  I think what is most fitting is the beginning of the Holiday Season!  My favorite time of the year!

It is a time when I spend hours in the kitchen, cooking up all those delightful smells of sage, poultry seasoning, onions as the stuffing frys up in the pan and the women in my family gather round to share stories and laugh together.  It is a tradition in our family to have the women come together on the wednesday before Thanksgiving and make the stuffing and pies for the next day.  My mom started this tradition and I have tried to keep it going.  Sometimes this evening has ended up just being my mom and I and sometimes there are many including my sister, her daughters, one of my close female friends and her daughter.



It is a great women bonding time.  I cherish it every year.   And so it begins my friends.  I will think about all of you during these joyful times and will share with you some of my favorite Holiday traditions everyday throughout the next four weeks.

I am hoping that you will share yours with me as well! 

In fact, I want to send my heartfelt thanks out to my readers and give the 20th person who shares their holiday tradition story over the next two weeks a gift!   Share your tradition in the comment section of my blog.  If you have difficulty with this please let me know at kbnightingale@gmail.com as some folks have had some challenges with this over the last few weeks.

If you would like you could send your tradition via email as well!  What is the gift? A $25 gift certificate to Pottery Barn!  Just in time to buy those special holiday gifts or perhaps a gift to yourself!



Send me your stories by December 7th and we will see who the lucky winner is! Isn't this fun! I love giving presents to people!

Kimberley      

No comments: